for CLERGY & MARRIAGE EDUCATORS.
If you are responsible for selecting a marriage preparation for your church or organization you are most welcome to call me, Fr. Rob Ruhnke, (210-534-1129) or email me < click for form
- For Better and For Ever covers all the important topics/issues. 21 chapters include: Study of your Family of Origin, Money Matters & Career Planning, Planning the Wedding, Options for Mixed Religion Marriages, Parenting, Couples who are living together, Blended Families, Rituals of Engagement, Prayer, Marital Spirituality, and more. 3 editions: Catholic, Protestant, and Secular are designed to meet the needs of every couple.
- Personal Responsibility. The format facilitates personal learning and sharing with one’s partner. Each chapter concludes with an extensive series of questions for personal reflection and then dialogue with his/her partner.
- Designed for many different situations. Couples living far from one another during engagement can use For Better and For Ever for personal study and then dialogue by email, phone or letter.
- A Resource for the important first year(s) of Marriage. When the honeymoon is over, For Better and For Ever includes questions for 3 months and 6 months into marriage for further reflection and conversations with one’s spouse and Sponsor Couple.
More Information & Resources for setting up the use of For Better & For Ever:
- DVD Training materials & Key Concepts: English [Spanish] & Discussion Questions
- Sponsor Couple training Youtube link provided by the Diocese of Davenport
- Pastoral Issues of Marrying & Tips for Pastoral Ministers - English/Spanish.
- Feedback about For Better & For Ever.
- Assistance on-Line & by phone > Contact Us.sp
- Surveys & Lists for gathering data….
- Parish Survey #1 – Diocesan Offices can ask parishes to provide information about marriage preparation.space
- Listing of Active Sponsor Couples of the parish – So that For Better & For Ever can communicate directly with sponsor couples with our Newsletter.
- Diocesan Survey #1 - For getting evaluation of marriage preparation prior to the wedding & for getting evaluation of marriage preparation from Petioners for annulments.
- Training Sessions - register on-line.
- Can Un-documented get MarriageLicense?
- New Evangelization in a Pluralistic Culture.
- PreMarital Inventory & For Better & For Ever
- Material for Bulletin & Parish web site & Pulpit announcements.
- Parish Plan for Recruiting sponsor couples. Also See > VIDEO on YouTube
- Pastor's Recruiting Letter.
- Meaning of terms: Sponsor / Mentor couple.
- Parish Information Evening - outline.
- Parish "Blessing of Sponsor Couples" by pastor.
- "Recommitment" for sponsor couples.
- Certification to be a Trainer.
- Letter to Clergy from Diocesan Family Life Office.
Key articles for Pastors & lay leaders.
Video - How to use For Better & For Ever for a Group of Couples?
Here is a PDF you may find useful in planning your program after viewing the Video > John Mungham’s Key points