For MARRIED COUPLES - support for your marriage & family life.
The best marriages know the "secrets" of keeping their marriage in great shape!
If you are married, you know from experience that “getting married” is only the beginning of the project of building a life long successful and satisfactory marriage.
In the same way that successful athletes make daily training a normal part of their lives, so successful married couples are attentive each day to healthy relationship habits.
Here are Links you may find helpful in your efforts to develop and sustain healthy marriage habits:
- Marriage Moments & Parenting Pointers Great FREE e-news letters by Susan Vogt.
- Foundations – A Newsletter for newly married couples.
- Marital Communication that is evidence based > Dr. Sue Johnson & John Gottman, Ph.D.
- Dialogue / Communication / Family of Origin / Imago Theory / Harville Hendrix.
- Love Languages – the “Five Love Languages” and other Gary Chapman resources.
- http://powertochange.com/itv/family/mu-sex-starved-marriage/ a web site offering lots of good stuff!
- Beyond Cana - How about a romantic weekend with your spouse?
- Getting the Love You Want.com- See Harville Hendrix’s materials for married couples.
- $$$$ MONEY matters > www.moneyhabitudes.com This may be the BEST tool for individuals as well as couples because it simple and feels “safe”…kind of like a game; but it can be a door way to serious dialogue about financial matters.
- Share e-mail addresses – This can be part of fidelity in marriage.
- Institute for American Values provides scholarly research.
- Why eat together? It works! See > Family Table Time .
- BOOKS you may enjoy.
- Survival Guide for Marriage in the Military > Plain TecWedding Planning Resources
- Natural Family Planning.
- Information for Couples who share different Faith traditions Interfaith & Interchurch marriage.
- Family of Origin – It is never too late to learn more about this critical topic!
- Stepfamilies Resources:
- Prayer in Marriage – Worth talking about together! Prayer for married couples...how to do it!
Resources for Growing in your Faith & your Marriage & how to do Family Catechesis.
Articles you may find useful.
- The All-or-Nothing Marriage - from New York Times
- Does A More Equal Marriage Mean Less Sex?
- How to Save Marriage in America
- Family Matters - Interview with Barack & Michelle Obama