Resources for newly trained sponsor couples
During the Sponsor Couple Training, we will focus on key points of the following:
- Pastoral Issues of Marrying and Tips for Pastoral Ministers by Rob Ruhnke.
- Notes from "Forming Intentional Disciples" by Sherry Weddell - Rob's Notes
- More about "Joined by the Church, Sealed by a Blessing" by Macalintal/Wagner
- FIVE QUESTIONS from Diana Macalintal for couples preparing for marriage.
- Twenty Places to find sponsor couples in your parish - Macalintal/Wagner
- Dr. Sue Johnson - videos and books & Rob's Notes.
- New Evangelization in a Pluralistic Culture by Deacon David Beckes.
- Canons 1063 & 1064 and Commentary - Catechesis and preparation for the Vocation of marriage.
- Pope Francis: The Joy of the Gospel.
- A Brief History of Marriage Preparation.
- The Bible & Marriage by James Sheridan
- John Gottman: Six magic hours that make marriages stronger.
- Will the Synod replace PreCana with a "Catechumenate for Marriage"?
- Every marriage is different by Brian Baker
- US Church eyes potential of "internal forum" by Elizabeth Elliot
[Rob Ruhnke: "Neither Brian Baker nor Elizabeth Elliot quote me perfectly, but I am glad both reporters tried to shed light on very complex pastoral issues."]
- Knowing Jesus: How Catholics experience the Son of God by Ruth Graham
- Pope Francis - June 16, 2016 - Address at Opening the Pastoral Congress of Rome
You may want to study these materials on your own time as a follow-up to the Training Day.